Here is the 2022 Q4 tax calendar with some key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you.
Note: Certain tax-filing and tax-payment deadlines may be postponed for taxpayers who reside in or have businesses in federally declared disaster areas.
Monday, October 3
The last day you can initially set up a SIMPLE IRA plan, provided you (or any predecessor employer) didn’t previously maintain a SIMPLE IRA plan. If you’re a new employer that comes into existence after October 1 of the year, you can establish a SIMPLE IRA plan as soon as administratively feasible after your business comes into existence.
Monday, October 17
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2021 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2021 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Monday, October 31
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2022 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 10.”)
Thursday, November 10
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for the third quarter of 2022 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
Thursday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2022 estimated income taxes.
Contact us if you’d like more information about the filing requirements and to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines.