Tax deadlines can be hard to keep on your radar. To help you out, here are some of the key tax-related 2023 Q3 tax deadlines affecting businesses and employers. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Our business tax specialists can ensure you are meeting all applicable deadlines. If you have questions about filing requirements, contact us.
2023 Q3 Tax Deadlines
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2023 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 10.”)
- File a 2022 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2023 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2023 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2022 income tax return (Form 1120-S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2022 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.