Tom is a Principal in the Audit and Accounting Department of the Eden Prairie office of Olsen Thielen and works with closely-held and family-owned businesses. He works closely with entrepreneurs advising in financial reporting and tax-related matters including tax compliance, planning, and tax avoidance strategies. He has experience in the country club, professional association, and construction industries.
Tom has recently participated as a panelist for Finance & Commerce’s “The future of Professionals Services Industry. Session 1: Succession and Legacy Planning”. You can watch the recording here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qoFVForjS4ymEy8BNhw0zQ
- Supervises financial reporting to include audits, reviews, compilations, and accounting for professional associations such as healthcare clinics, law firms, and engineers
- Assists clients with business planning including cash flow analysis and budgets, analysis of growth strategies and financing alternatives, tax planning, and compliance, and succession planning and ownership transitions
- Assists clients with business process improvement strategies including review of accounting systems and consulting regarding improving internal controls, operations review and assessment, incentives and compensation strategies, and benchmarking performance
- Consultation regarding acquisition/sale of businesses
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and Accounting, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Awarded the Chartered Global Management Accountant designation (CGMA) from the AICPA and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Professional Service Companies, Including Health Care and Law Firms
- Construction Contractors
- Real Estate Companies
Tom is also a co-host of Olsen Thielen’s bi-weekly Q&A Over Coffee Podcast. Check out our entire library of episodes here.